Accounts Payable Technician, ManufacturerCity(s): Montréal
Published: February 3, 2020
Type: Full time
The Accounts Payable Technician, Manufacturer is responsible for recording all transactions related to the account’s payable invoices. He/she can perform accounts payable reconciliations and General Ledger analysis as well.
• Record, code and verify the invoices in SAP;
• Assemble all supporting documents; requisitions, purchase orders, delivery receipts and invoices, duly signed and approved those responsible, and make sure that the quantities, descriptions and prices match the received merchandise;
• Participate in the year-end audit by providing the requested information;
• Ensure an efficient follow-up of problematic issues and errors and propose corrections and solutions for improvement;
• Reconcile accounts payable;
• Perform posting in the General Ledger;
• Performing General Ledger (GL) analysis;
• Communicate with suppliers when necessary;
• All other related tasks.
• Accounting background: your 4 years of experience in accounts payable, or any equivalent, or your 2 years of experience combined with your college education in accounting, have allowed you to acquire the knowledge and skills to carry out your duties independently in spite of the very large number of invoices to be processed;
• Computer skills: Your mastery of Excel will be very useful and essential to effectively perform your tasks. A knowledge of SAP would be a major asset;
• Organizational ability: Despite a fast-paced environment and a heavy workload, you know how to manage stress and set priorities in order to act quickly and ensure tight deadlines are met;
• Thoroughness : You are professional, meticulous and pay attention to details, thus consistently ensuring the accuracy of invoices and supporting documents;
• Collaborative spirit: You are undoubtedly an excellent team player and, you promote mutual help and communication for better results;
• Bilingual: You have the ability to express yourself in French and English (intermediary level), both orally and in writing, allowing you to communicate with suppliers and internal clients.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.