Merchandising AnalystCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: April 14, 2021
Position to fulfill: 1
**Maternity leave, 1 year temporary position**
The Merchandising and Category Analyst is responsible for implementing measurement tools and performing analyses that affect the performance of the product strategy and demand forecasting. He/she reports to the Merchandising Manager and works closely with the merchandisers in charge of product strategy.
- Participate in demand planning processes by type of clients and product categories;
- Design and implement solutions with KPIs for analyzing price and product performance data;
- Calculate and maintain Min Max control points;
- Maintenance of calculations used for product strategy (KVI: Key Value Items)
- Actively collaborate in the preparation of bi-annual orders (Bookings) of the product strategy;
- Monitor and analyze competitor prices to identify risks and opportunities of the product strategy;
- Communicate monthly the pricing strategy for the various programs;
- Analyze the growth/decline in tire sizes in the Canadian market;
- Identify and position non-active products across different markets;
- Compare and analyze the changes in manufacturers’ price lists from previous year;
- All other related tasks.
- Expertise: You preferably have a university degree in Business Administration and/or a broad knowledge of distribution and/or retail trade and have a strong interest in the automotive industry;
- Language skills: Articulate with a strong interest for words and language, you are very creative when composing a message for an audience, in both French and English (oral and written);
- Computer skills: You are very comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite and you are very familiar with Excel functions (Advanced Level);
- Client oriented: Your analytical mind allows you to fully understand customer needs;
- Organisational ability: You can manage your time despite a heavy workload and set priorities to ensure that deadlines are met and guide your team towards achieving the objectives set.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.