Team Leader, Account RecevableCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 22, 2021
Type: Full time
The Team Leader, Account Receivable will have an active role with the transactional portion of our account receivable influx and with the application of payments to our customers’ accounts and ensuring the flow of our accounting processes. The main function of this role is supervising, coaching, and organizing the cash receipts clerks. He/she will prepare, analyze, and present KPI, departmental objectives and other monthly reports. He/she will organize, mentor and train his/her team and ensure that procedures, deadlines, and policies are followed and maintained.
- Communicates and exchanges on a regular basis with Cash Receipts Clerks, Credit and Collection Agents, Credit Administrator, AR Department and Credit Manager;
- Mentors, coaches, and motivates Cash Receipts Clerks with their daily roles, objectives, tasks and responsibilities;
- Organizes daily schedules pertaining to the department, such as peak season, vacation, holidays and training workshops;
- Analyzes reconciles customer accounts, reconciles general ledgers, unapplied payments, and ensures all balances;
- Carry out daily deposits according to the company's credit and accounting practise and policy;
- Resolve internal and external disputes, identifies recurring problems and follow-ups with various departments or branches;
- Ensures month end deadlines are met;
- Compose various reports, KPI, objectives;
- Participates and feedback to internal and system processes;
- Work closely with HR for recruiting new team members and training process;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your 3-5 years of experience in an accounting position or similar cash receipts position, combined to 3 years in a Team Leader/Managerial Position has provided you with all the knowledge you need to accomplish your function;
- Accounting Certification: You have a College or Professional degree in Accounting;
- Accounting knowledge: You are familiar with accounting, financial cycles and requirements.
- IT expertise: You have a good knowledge of SAP, accounting software and an Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate and are proficient. You know how to organize yours and others time to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Communication: Your communication skills have always enabled you to achieve your requests and obtain the company’s objectives;
- Interpersonal skills: Your interpersonal skills allow you to develop trusting relationships with your various business partners and easily obtain their collaboration. You are a resource person and can always be counted on;
- Leadership: You foster your leadership skills and obtain positive results, loyalty and mentoring are welcomed;
- Analytical skills: You know how to take a step back and analyze the situation in order to provide appropriate and beneficial solutions. You can analyze and process a large volume of information and are able to make a quick and informed decision;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Experience in the distribution field is an asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.