DriverCity(s): Kelowna, BC
Published: April 8, 2021
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Driver is responsible for loading the delivery vehicle and delivering the tires to our customers on time.
- Plan the itinerary and schedule of client visits in accordance with the dispatcher's instructions;
- Fill in Driver log appropriately each day and before an after each customer run.
- Load the delivery trucks and ensure quantity on vehicle matches verifier quantity;
- Perform a pre-departure inspection of the delivery vehicle to detect any anomalies;
- Drive the vehicle to the customer location and unload the shipped units within the prescribed time;
- Complete shipping documents with customers to verify the accuracy of the delivery;
- Return to the warehouse with the merchandise returned by customers, as well as with the money when the customer chooses payment on delivery;
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment to the dispatcher or warehouse manager;
- Promptly report any delays in deliveries due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or any other emergencies, as well as in the event of irregularities in the collection or delivery of cargo;
- Provide support, if necessary, for the receipt of incoming goods and the preparation of delivery vehicles;
- All other related tasks.
- Customer service oriented;
- Capable of lifting loads up to 60 pounds;
- Capable of driving a vehicle for long hours;
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license and have an impeccable driving record;
- Have experience in the operation of commercial vehicles and in the delivery industry;
- Be able to read and speak the region's first language;
- Respect and a sense of humour;
- Agree to work in an environment where health and safety are essential and a priority;
- Resourcefulness and initiative.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.