Accounting TechnicianCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: April 14, 2021
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Accounting Technician participates in the monthly financial statement process by making various journal entries, recording expenses paid by credit card, making certain reports and supporting the accounting team at month end. He/she must also reconcile accounts payable statements and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare, verify, reconcile and record monthly credit card expense reports;
- Prepare monthly accounting entries;
- Prepare monthly accounting entries; Reconcile carriers' accounts payable and ensure proper recording of invoices;
- Make credit notes to customers for monthly, quarterly and annual volume discounts and marketing promotions;
- Issue monthly invoices for assembly activities (Kits) and invoicing to Ici-Pneu/Tireland banners;
- Perform various extractions and month-end reports;
- Prepare some bank transfers (EFT);
- Manage the process of creating accounts payable in the system;
- Prepare and submit reports to Statistics Canada;
- Provide support to the Accounting and Accounts Payable team;
- All other related tasks.
- Accounting background: Your 5 years of experience in accounting, combined with your college education in accounting have allowed you to acquire the knowledge and skills to perform your responsibilities successfully;
- Computer skills: Your knowledge of Excel (software) will be very useful and essential to effectively fulfill your functions. An ease with an integrated management software (SAP an asset) in accounting could also be a great asset;
- Organizational capacity: Despite a fast pace environment and a heavy workload, you can manage stress and set priorities to act quickly and meet deadlines;
- Rigor: You are professional and meticulous and value the details by verifying the accuracy of the processed financial data accuracy;
- Sense of initiative: Proactive and autonomous, you seize every opportunity and use all available resources to solve problems effectively;
- Collaborative spirit: You are undoubtedly an excellent team player and, you promote mutual help and communication for better results;
- Bilingualism: Your intermediate communication skills in French and English, both orally and in writing, allow you to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal clients.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.