DriverCity(s): Richmond, CB
Published: May 16, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
***Salary starting wage 21.75 ***
The Driver is responsible for loading the delivery vehicle and delivering the goods directly to the company’s clients on time.
- Plan the itinerary and schedule of client visits in accordance with the dispatcher's instructions
- Fill in Driver log appropriately each day and before and after each customer run;
- Load the delivery trucks and ensure quantity on vehicle matches verified quantity;
- Conduct a pre-departure inspection of the delivery vehicle to detect any anomaly;
- Drive the vehicle to the clients location and unload the shipped units within requested timelines;
- Complete the shipping documents with the clients to verify the delivery accuracy;
- Return to the warehouse with the merchandise returned by customers, as well as with the money when the customer chooses payment on delivery;
- Report to the dispatcher or the warehouse manager, all accidents and all incidents involving drivers or the company’s equipment;
- Promptly report any delays in deliveries due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or any other emergencies, as well as in the event of irregularities in the collection or delivery of cargo;
- Provide support, if necessary, for the receipt of incoming goods and the preparation of delivery vehicles;
- All other related tasks.
- Excellent physical shape: capable of lifting loads of up to 60 pounds and capable of driving a vehicle for long consecutive hours;
- Customer service oriented;
- Technical background: You own a valid 5 (G) license along with a impeccable driving record. You have experience driving cube van or sprinter vans as well as experience in delivery to customers.
- Language skills: ability to read and speak in English (a must);
- Autonomy: be an independent person, a self-starter and be able to work under minimal supervision;
- Respect and a sense of humour;
- Agree to work in an environment where health and safety are essential and a priority;
- Resourcefulness: have a good judgment, an ease to find many solutions to problems and a capacity to take initiatives.
- Clean drivers abstract
***Due to rental and insurance policy, you must be at least 25 years old***
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.