Business and Acquisition Analyst - (Retail Division)City(s): Montreal, QC
Published: May 16, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance - Shared Services, the Business and Acquisition Analyst - (Retail Division), will have the opportunity to participate in the corporate development of the company in the Canadian market and will have an important involvement in the development of financial models as well as collaborate in all stages of the acquisition process of a target.
- Review and analyze target lists and market data;
- Produce executive summaries for potential acquisitions;
- Participate in discussions with vendors;
- Participate in preliminary analysis and financial modeling of acquisition targets;
- Participate in negotiations with sellers and/or third party representatives.
- Coordination of the due diligence process;
- Collaborate with the team on the financial and accounting due diligence of targets;
- Perform budget analysis on a post-acquisition basis;
- Perform a synergy analysis on a post-acquisition basis;
- Participate in the analysis of financial due diligence reports and project plans for the Board of Directors;
- Participate in the financing process.
- Preparation of monthly financial presentations (MFR);
- Implementation of KPIs and monitoring of financial ratios;
- Analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditures, forecasts and underlying assumptions;
- Support the Retail systems integration process;
- Participate in the integration process with the support of subject matter experts;
- Participate in the implementation plan;
- Identify operational challenges;
- Work closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting departments to drive development plans;
- Conduct any other relevant analysis.
- Monitor reports and provide proactive feedback to support teams;
- Coordinate various business planning and strategic initiative meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting;
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting or business development;
- Proficiency in financial modeling and profitability analysis;
- CPA, CA and CFA, CBV certifications will be considered an advantage;
- Computer applications and equipment: Proficiency in Ms Office, advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power BI;
- Work environment: Ability to travel periodically for work;
- Language skills: Bilingual, you are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate views on strategic and financial issues;
- Positive attitude;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Willingness to learn;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task;
- Strive for continuous self-improvement;
- Analytical mindset and ability to evaluate and modify processes to improve performance.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.