DispatcherCity(s): Pointe-Claire, QC
Published: May 16, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
****Salary from 24 to 27$/hour depending on experience ****
The Dispatcher plans delivery routes according to delivery deadlines, prepares pick-up plans for order pickers and plans the loading sequence for delivery trucks. He/she prepares the necessary documentation for the different delivery routes and gives specific instructions to the drivers. He/she follows up on the status of deliveries and communicates with the customer service department.
- Verify the arrival of new orders in the computerized system;
- Plan delivery routes according to current orders;
- Generate the computerized list of items for the order pickers according to the delivery routes;
- Prepare delivery notes for the drivers with specific instructions for each route;
- Supervise the loading sequence of the delivery trucks;
- Monitor delivery times and communicate information to customer service;
- Provide telephone assistance to delivery drivers on the road;
- Take charge of customers picking up at the warehouse;
- Technical skills: You are proficient in SAP / EWM software (an asset), proficient in the main office utilities (Word and Excel) and you have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position in dispatch;
- Team player: You are a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Stress resistant: You have a strong ability to make decisions quickly in emergency situations and are able to prioritize. You always have a solution to overcome obstacles and unforeseen events;
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.