Financial Analyst FP&ACity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: September 19, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Financial Analyst FP&A (Finance planning & Analysis) is responsible for ensuring the reliability of accounting and financial information and for analyzing data in order to make informed and appropriate decisions. He/she also participates in the company's development process by providing various financial information.
- Participate in the process and preparation of the annual budget and forecast;
- Analyze the profitability of investment and optimization projects;
- Monitor cash flow forecasts and propose recommendations;
- Produce inventory forecast reports on a monthly basis;
- Participate in acquisition and business development projects and follow up on integration;
- Produce monthly financial analyses and present the results to managers;
- Participate in the implementation of management dashboards using performance indicators;
- Monitor performance indicators related to the organization's objectives;
- Perform ad hoc analyses to evaluate different investment scenarios;
- Produce and comment on financial reports submitted to management and external partners;
- Analyze financial results and provide recommendations;
- Develop excellent relationships with all departments to promote the exchange of information;
- Act as an advisor to managers;
- Optimize and document processes and procedures;
- All other related tasks.
- Financial background: Your university degree in finance or accounting and at least 5 years of experience in a financial analyst role have provided you with excellent skills and knowledge of the field. You also have a certification from a recognized professional accounting or financial association (CPA - or CFA);
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to establish a diagnosis and identify the probable causes and consequences of a situation. You know how to identify the links between the various elements, which leads you to be able to make accurate recommendations;
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of the information provided at all times;
- Business acumen: You are able to quickly understand the essence of a company and seize opportunities that emerge from financial reports. Your business acumen allows you to make recommendations that are aligned with the company's objectives and strategies;
- Computer expertise: You are proficient in the Office Suite and are an expert in Excel; knowledge of SAP & Power BI is an asset;
- Language skills: Bilingual, you are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.