Financial Analyst FP&A, OperationsCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: August 8, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Financial Analyst FP&A, Operations is responsible for ensuring the reliability of accounting and financial information and for analyzing data in order to make informed and appropriate decisions. He/she also participates in the company's development process by providing various financial information.
- Act as a business partner for the various departments in operations;
- Analyze and monitor the annual budget, as well as quarterly and annual forecasts for operations;
- Prepare files for all capital investment requests;
- Participate in the implementation of management dashboards using performance indicators;
- Collect, update, and analyze performance indicators for operations;
- Perform profitability analysis by distribution center/activity (35 distribution centers);
- Produce monthly financial analyses and present results to management;
- Responsible for the month end process for month end provisions for operations;
- Develop excellent relationships with all departments to facilitate information exchange;
- Respond to ad hoc requests from managers;
- All other related duties.
- Financial background: Your university degree in finance or accounting and 3 to 5 years of experience in a financial analyst role have provided you with excellent skills and knowledge of the field. You also have a certification from a recognized professional accounting or financial association (CPA - or CFA);
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to establish a diagnosis and identify the probable causes and consequences of a situation. You know how to identify the links between the various elements, which leads you to be able to make accurate recommendations;
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of the information provided at all times;
- Business acumen: You are able to quickly understand the essence of a company and seize opportunities that emerge from financial reports. Your business acumen allows you to make recommendations that are aligned with the company's objectives and strategies;
- Computer expertise: You master the tools of the Office suite and are very skilled with Excel;
- Language skills: Bilingual, you are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.