Financial/Operations Business Partner (FP&A)City(s): Montreal, QC
Published: September 19, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Financial/Operations Business Partner (FP&A), you will act as a strategic financial partner in support of the operations team to facilitate decision making. You will also be responsible for ensuring the reliability of accounting and financial information and analyzing data to enable sound and appropriate decisions. You will also participate in the company's development process by providing various financial information.
- Act as a business partner for the various departments in operations;
- Analyze and monitor the annual budget, as well as quarterly and annual forecasts for operations;
- Prepare files for all capital investment requests;
- Participate in the implementation of management dashboards using performance indicators;
- Collect, update, and analyze performance indicators for operations;
- Perform profitability analysis by distribution center/activity (35 distribution centers);
- Produce monthly financial analyses and present results to management;
- Responsible for the month end process for month end provisions for operations;
- Develop excellent relationships with all departments to facilitate information exchange;
- Respond to ad hoc requests from managers;
- All other related duties.
- Financial background: Your university degree in finance or accounting and 3 to 5 years of experience in a financial analyst role have provided you with excellent skills and knowledge of the field. You also have a certification from a recognized professional accounting or financial association (CPA - or CFA);
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to establish a diagnosis and identify the probable causes and consequences of a situation. You know how to identify the links between the various elements, which leads you to be able to make accurate recommendations;
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of the information provided at all times;
- Business acumen: You are able to quickly understand the essence of a company and seize opportunities that emerge from financial reports. Your business acumen allows you to make recommendations that are aligned with the company's objectives and strategies;
- Computer expertise: You master the tools of the Office suite and are very skilled with Excel;
- Language skills: Bilingual, you are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.