General ManagerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 27, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Retail, the General Manager is responsible of leading, developing, and motivating managers and operations staff. Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the Retail operations, including employee satisfaction, customers, human resources, financial performance, sales, and revenue generation. Verifies implementation of the Retail brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding customers expectations, increased profit and market share. Holds operational leadership team accountable for execution and guides their individual professional development. The position ensures sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Verifies that the objectives and goals work together to achieve brand positioning and success. Builds an overall brand loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
A) Business Development
- Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition; explores new business opportunities; develops business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share.
B) Operational Execution
- Executes business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market shares. Holds leadership team accountable for successful delivery of the operational model. Willing to experiment with new ideas and takes calculated risks to improve customer satisfaction and profitability; evaluates the success of the operational model and informs future business plan enhancements; continually ensures business plans and actions have a positive impact on Retail vertical performance.
C) Sales & Marketing
- Works closely with Marketing team to develop revenue generating strategies for the business; identifies new business leads, develops tailored sales approach, and actively pursues leads with Marketing team; ensures sales and marketing strategy is aligned with brand strategy and is effectively executed against established goals; ensures business leaders understand and leverage Retail As a Service engines to full potential; augments customer preference through booking ease and quality of customer experience.
D) Talent Management
- Creates a cohesive and high-performance Business Lead Committee that continuously strives for positive results and improvement; coaches Business Lead Committee by providing specific feedback and holds them accountable for performance; creates learning and development opportunities for employees; creates and effectively executes development plans for both direct reports based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations; ensures all managers are doing the same for their direct reports; identifies resource needs to strengthen team; creates succession plans for future job openings; actively supports the staffing process; ensures effective work processes, systems and teamwork are in place to maximize individual and overall performance.
E) Brand Champion
- Serves as a passionate brand advocate and ensures that the intent of the brand is pulled through in the customer experience; communicates a clear and consistent message regarding brand goals to employees, Business Lead team, and Steering Committee stakeholders.
F) Business Information Analysis
- Reviews business related data such as market share, financial performance, inventory, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction; analyzes business information to proactively address changing market conditions, ensure business operates within budgetary guidelines, and achieves profit margin goals; uses business information to identify indicators of product and service successes and opportunities for improvement; integrates business information into business plans.
G) Customer Relations Management
- Interacts with customers on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experiences; utilizes customer feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery; emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed customer expectations; establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary brand image, involving oneself in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- Experience: 7-10 years of experience in the Retail Aftermarket. General Manager / Top management experience will be considered as an advantage
- Education: University Business Degree will be considered as an advantage.
- IT applications and equipment: Proficiency with Ms Office, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Outlook, Power BI.
- Working environment: Ability to periodically travel for work.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate perspectives on strategic matters
- Positive attitude
- A solid understanding of the Retail space in the Aftermarket sector
- Superior organizational skills
- Superior communication and mentorship skills
- Ability to maintain superior customer satisfaction levels and ratings (Google)
- Willingness to learn
- Clean appearance
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Seeks continuous self-improvement
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.