Transport Business AnalystCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 27, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Transport Business Analyst designs, implements, and supports business processes within the supply chain teams and ensures that they deliver the value expected by the organization in a continuous improvement perspective. He/She uses their knowledge and experience in supply chain management to support the management team in the development and implementation of the business vision. He/She actively contributes to the optimization of the transport function by analyzing business opportunities to improve the customer experience offered, as well as the internal efficiency of the operational teams.
- Lead the definition of business requirements to achieve the objectives of the Transportation function and prioritize them according to the value sought, the inherent risks, and the effort required;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business context, customer requirements, and work environments of the teams involved in the mandate;
- Ensure a leadership role in the design, documentation, testing, implementation, training, and coaching of the transformed supply chain processes;
- Monitor the performance of the business processes by contributing to the creation of dashboards using business intelligence tools, in order to identify the sources of deviations leading to non-performance;
- Act as a business expert in the analysis and resolution of problems by proposing concrete, effective solutions adapted to the context, while ensuring that the processes evolve in a compatible and effective manner;
- Ensure coordination of efforts with analysts from other business units in the development of solutions, particularly in the definition of requirements, testing phases, and analysis of impacts on existing processes;
- Develop a business partner relationship with managers in order to influence operational teams in the development and use of best practices;
- Demonstrate a high sense of autonomy and prioritization by ensuring close communication with colleagues and managers.
- Technical background: Your Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Logistics or Administration (or equivalent), combined with your 3 to 5 years of experience in process analysis, allows you to understand current supply chain issues in a fast-growing environment;
- SAP Expertise: Your experience with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and/or Materials Management (MM) and/or Transportation Management (TM) modules is an asset;
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to conceive and analyze complex situations and to come up with customer-oriented solutions that are simple and adapted to the business context;
- Business partnership: You always opt for a collaborative and solution-oriented approach. Your interpersonal skills and your advice following your analyses are highly appreciated since you favour communication and exchanges with your collaborators in the achievement of your objectives;
- Rigor and autonomy: You pay attention to fine details in a context of high autonomy and are thorough in ensuring a job well done;
- Dynamic work environment: You are comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced, regularly changing work environment;
- Bilingualism: You are bilingual and fluent in both French and English.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.