Health and Safety AdvisorCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 27, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
Are you looking for a stimulating and dynamic job in Montreal? Would you like to be part of a team that believes in your potential and a company that will help you advance your career? This position is for you! We are currently looking for an Health and Safety Advisor to support our Health and Safety Manager and all our managers across Canada.
The Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for managing CNESST claims and disability files. He/she must ensure the administrative, medical and legal follow-up from start to finish. The advisor, in collaboration with the Health and Safety Manager, will have to make decisions in the different files and will be responsible for strategies to reduce the CNESST costs. The advisor must also liaise with the various stakeholders and advise clients on the sound management of their claims.
- Analyze claims;
- Conduct or supervise accident investigations;
- Collecting missing information;
- Write comments on eligibility;
- Ensure the administrative and medical follow-up of claims;
- Suggest strategies for the files;
- Suggest the holding of expert appraisals when necessary;
- Drafting expert reports when necessary;
- Decide on the necessary points for the BEM requests;
- Analyze the decisions of the CNESST or other governmental authorities (different Canadian provinces) for follow-ups or contestations;
- Follow-up on return to work and temporary assignments;
- Follow-up with the CNESST or other governmental authorities (different Canadian provinces), the doctor, the client and other stakeholders;
- Analyze files for charge transfers;
- Prepare files with the client's lawyer for hearings at the Administrative Labour Tribunal;
- Verify the disbursements of the CNESST or other governmental authorities (different Canadian provinces) and the allocation of the clients' costs;
- Propose a strategy by considering the overall financial picture and the different pricing methods;
- Manage the cases of claims and disabilities within the company and ensure the follow-up of files under the various provincial organizations;
- Perform any other related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or other related degree;
- 5 years experience in CNESST claims management;
- Experience in managing occupational injuries on a Canadian basis is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of the AIAOD and CNESST internal processes;
- Organization: You have good organizational skills and know how to effectively manage priorities and follow-ups. You are able to manage several files simultaneously;
- Passion: You love health and safety and have an excellent understanding of claims. You are proactive and enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues;
- Analytical: You are able to make clear diagnoses and direct your solutions towards the company's strategic objectives. You seek to reduce costs and increase employee well-being;
- Communication skills: You are comfortable communicating in French and English, both orally and in writing. You have good writing skills. You are a good listener, and easily understand the needs of the client;
- Computer skills: Computer skills, knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Suite, an asset;
- Team work;
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Ability to solve problems;
- Stress management.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.