Pay MasterCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 27, 2022
Type: Full time
The Pay Master main functions are to collect, verify and process all payroll information in accordance with the regulations of the various Canadian provinces in order to pay the remuneration. The Pay Master will also be responsible for managing benefits and payroll entries.
- Ensure receipt of all documents and information required for bi-weekly payroll processing;
- Ensure compliance of the payroll process with the various laws and obligations in force;
- Deal with hires and departures as directed;
- Maintain employee master files in the payroll and punch system and validate compliance with the HR system;
- Complete, verify and process the forms and documents required for the administration of benefits, vacation leave, various leave banks, employment insurance, group insurance and the Party committee of the automotive services industry;
- Maintain employee attendance, leave and overtime records/logs to calculate the compensation and benefits to which they are entitled through the computerized system;
- Act as a resource contact for all compensation and benefits matters for employees, managers and external clients;
- Compile statistical reports, statements and summaries regarding compensation and benefits;
- Prepare and transmit payroll data to the payroll service provider;
- Maintain the Nethris system for the post/job structure, the budget tracking, etc.;
- Prepare journal entries for ledgers and monthly analyzes for payroll accounts;
- Perform monthly reconciliation and produce the appropriate reports;
- Prepare and check the end-of-period reports and reconcile the paid payroll record with the bank statements;
- Perform calculations for government remittances and other compulsory deductions (CNESST, WCB, CPA, etc.);
- Participate in the development of methods and work tools to increase the effectiveness of the service;
- Assist the human resources team and the finance team;
- Complete the end of year process;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Accounting profile or your Technic in Accounting and Management as well as your 8 to 10 years of experience in payroll processing or in a similar position will allow you to assume your responsibilities without any difficulty. Your accreditation as a Payroll Compliance Specialist from the Canadian Payroll Association is an important asset;
- IT expertise: You have an excellent knowledge of Excel and your are very comfortable with operating a computerized accounting and payroll system;
- Rigor: You are professional and meticulous and you pay attention to details by ensuring (at all times) the accuracy of the information provided;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate. You know how to organize your time to ensure deadlines are respected at all times;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in both French and English, both orally and in writing.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.