Payroll Analyst & AccountingCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 27, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Payroll Analyst & Accounting main functions are to support the payroll process for the various Canadian provinces, ensure accuracy of the journal entries (payroll, bonuses and T&E expenses and prepare various analysis.
• Assist and support the Paymaster:
o Maintain employee master files in the payroll and punch system and validate compliance with the HR system;
o Maintain the Nethris payroll system for the post/job structure, the budget tracking, etc.;
o Ensure receipt of all documents and information required for bi-weekly payroll processing;
o Prepare and transmit payroll data to the payroll service provider;
o Complete, verify and process the forms and documents required for the administration of benefits, vacation leave, various leave banks, employment insurance, group insurance and the Parity committee of the automotive services industry;
o Perform calculations for government remittances and file the mandatory reports (CNESST, WCB, CPA, etc.);
o Participate in year-end payroll processes;
• Prepare journal entries for payroll, T&E (Concur) and bonuses including accruals;
• Perform monthly reconciliations with payroll register and general ledger including bank;
• Prepare various analysis from time management tool and payroll system;
• Support and develop Kronos time management tool;
• Participate in the development of methods and work tools to increase the effectiveness of the service;
• Assist the Finance and HR teams with ad hoc requests;
• All other related tasks.
• Technical Background: Your Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Accounting profile or in Accounting and Management, as well as your 6 to 8 years of experience in payroll processing or in a similar position will allow you to assume your responsibilities without any difficulty. Your accreditation as a Payroll Compliance Specialist from the Canadian Payroll Association is an important asset;
• IT Expertise: You have an excellent knowledge of Excel and your are very comfortable with operating a computerized accounting and payroll system;
• Rigor: You are professional and meticulous, and you pay attention to details by ensuring (at all times) the accuracy of the information provided;
• Time Management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate. You know how to organize your time to ensure deadlines are respected at all times;
• Bilingualism: You communicate easily in both French and English, both orally and in writing.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.