Health and safety intern (Prevention section)City(s): Montreal, QC
Published: August 8, 2022
Position to fulfill: 1
In collaboration with the various stakeholders, the intern acts as a support in the various activities related to health and safety. He/she adopts a prevention approach and ensures compliance with the various health and safety standards and legislation. He/she actively participates in the development and promotion of a culture of prevention in matters of health and safety with the objective of taking charge of and reducing events.
- Act as a resource person for occupational health and safety issues for our Retail Division;
- Set up and participate in OHS Committee meetings;
- Accompany managers during investigations and analyses of accidents or occupational diseases, and participate in the implementation of corrective and preventive measures;
- Participate in the identification of hazards and the development and implementation of corrective measures;
- Participate in the analysis and identification of hazards and the implementation of corrective measures in the various establishments;
- Work in collaboration with different sectors to identify and promote the adoption of best OHS practices;
- Participate in the development of the training program;
- Participate in the development of the prevention program;
- Promote the adoption of safe behaviors;
- Carry out monthly inspections, preventive inspections and audits, when required.
- College diploma in Environment/Industrial Hygiene/OHS or equivalent;
- Knowledge of the OHSA and RROHS is an asset;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Communication skills: You communicate easily in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Good listening skills, observation skills, empathy, autonomy, rigor, good ability to influence;
- Possess a valid driver's license, in order to be able to travel to the different sites (Montreal metropolitan area);
- Be available as soon as possible until December.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.