Credit AgentCity(s): Montreal, QC / Longueuil, QC
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-013, 2022-018, 2022-019
Position to fulfill: 1
The Credit Agent will have an active role in managing the risk associated with accounts receivable. He/she will have to analyze credit applications and revisions as well as the implementation of collection strategies.
- Communicate with customers, sales representatives, branches and customer service for payment tracking, account openings and credits to be applied to accounts on a regular basis;
- Take responsibility for assigned branches;
- Make collection and follow-up calls;
- Build good relationships with customers, branches and representatives;
- Analyze new customers and review existing customers;
- Order releases and booking order approvals according to the company’s internal policies and chart of approval;
- Be able to carry out line of credit approvals according to the company's internal policies;
- Resolve disputes, identify problems and follow up on payments with the various branches;
- Reconcile accounts and maintenance of customer accounts;
- Prepare documents for collection agencies and bad debts;
- Compose various reports;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your training as a credit officer and your 5 years or more of experience in accounts receivable and credit have provided you with all the knowledge you need to accomplish your tasks;
- IT expertise: You have a good knowledge of the Office suite, more precisely, of the Excel software;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate. You know how to organize your time to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Negotiation: Your negotiation skills have always enabled you to achieve your objectives;
- Interpersonal skills: Your interpersonal skills allow you to develop trusting relationships with your various business partners and easily obtain their collaboration. You are a resource person and can always be counted on;
- Collaborative: With a true team spirit, you foster collaboration with your colleagues to facilitate learning. You know how to build relationships with your internal and external clients and become a trusted business partner whose advice is greatly appreciated;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Analytical skills: You know how to take a step back and analyse the situation in order to provide appropriate and beneficial solutions. You can analyze and process a large volume of information and are able to make a quick and informed decision;
- Experience: Knowledge of the distribution field is an asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.