Accounts Receivable SupervisorCity(s): Montreal
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-010
Position to fulfill: 1
REASON FOR THE POSITION
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will play an active role in the transactional portion of our accounts receivable inflow and the application of those payments, while ensuring the flow of our accounting processes. The primary function of this role is to supervise, mentor and organize the Cash Receivables department. He/She will prepare, analyze and present KPI's, department goals and other monthly reports. He/She will organize, coach and train his/her team and ensure that procedures, deadlines and policies are met and maintained. He/she is the point of contact between sales and finance.
- Review and implement process improvements related to the accounts receivable department
- Ensure that resources and methods are optimized to be as efficient as possible
- Acts as a resource person in the accounts receivable department
- Communicates and exchanges regularly with the Collections Clerks, Credit Manager, Team Leader, Credit and Collection Agents, Credit Administrator, other related departments, and customers
- Coaches and motivates the Cashiers in their daily roles, objectives, tasks and responsibilities;
- Organizes daily department schedules such as peak season, vacations, vacations and training workshops;
- Analyzes accounts receivable reconciliations, reconciles ledgers, unapplied payments and ensures all balances;
- Makes daily deposits in accordance with company credit and accounting practices and policy;
- Resolve internal and external conflicts, identify recurring issues and follow up with various departments/branches;
- Ensure that month-end deadlines are met;
- Write various reports, KPIs, objectives;
- Participate in internal processes and systems and provide feedback;
- Work closely with HR in the recruitment of new team members and training process;
- Performe journal entries/writings/bad debts;
- Responsible for closing out the month;
- Any other related duties.
- Technical Background: Your 3-5 years of experience in an accounting or similar position, combined with 3 years in a team leader/management position has provided you with all the necessary knowledge to perform your duties;
- Accounting certification: You have a DEC or DEP in accounting;
- Accounting knowledge: You have worked with the accounting and financial cycles and master their requirements;
- Computer expertise: You have a good knowledge of SAP, accounting software and an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate and are competent. You know how to organize your time and the time of others to ensure deadlines are met;
- Communication: Your communication skills have always enabled you to achieve your requests and company objectives;
- Interpersonal skills: Your interpersonal skills allow you to develop trusting relationships with your various business partners and to easily obtain their collaboration. You are a resource person who can always be counted on;
- Leadership: You develop your leadership skills and achieve positive results, loyalty and mentoring are welcome;
- Analytical skills: You are able to step back and analyze the situation to provide appropriate and beneficial solutions. You can analyze and process a large volume of information and are able to make a quick and informed decision;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Experience in the distribution field would be an asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.