Network and Security AdministratorCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-009
Position to fulfill: 1
The Network and Security Administrator has as main mandates to manage the organization's computer network in terms of hardware and software, to plan its architecture, to maintain the equipment and to ensure the security of the resources. He/she ensures that everything runs smoothly in terms of information technology and infrastructure within the company.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the computer network and systems in place within the company;
- Design the architecture of the Wide Area Network, the equipment needs and the required configurations;
- Administer network security measures and manage anti-virus software to prevent disruptions or system breaches and provide security performance analysis;
- Provide support in resolving computer problems (RF Gun, network infrastructure, computer equipment, etc.), report anomalies and provide solutions required for optimal use;
- Provide technical support to users on site and remotely by analyzing, diagnosing and finding a solution to technical problems encountered;
- Collaborate in the deployment of new systems and equipment and train users on new technologies within the company;
- Participate in various projects involving the information technology and communications department and follow up on the evolution of the projects, mainly in terms of configuration and new technologies required;
- Participate in the necessary studies prior to the implementation of a new business solution (marketing, HR, etc.), review the necessary architecture and provide recommendations on the quality/performance of the solution at the IT level;
- Design, deploy and administer the wireless infrastructure and support systems;
- Design, deploy and administer the VOIP infrastructure and support systems;
- Provide on-call and weekend support as needed;
- Any other related duties.
Network Expertise :
- Levels 3 Network Administrator;
- Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF;
- Knowledge of MPLS, VPN;
- Knowledge of Fortinet products such as FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, etc;
- Network certification an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, IIS, VPN, VLAN, Active Directory, TCP/IP, etc;
- Experience with cloud hyperscaler and serverless is a plus.
Security Expertise :
- Level 3 security administrators;
- Good knowledge of Zero Trust;
- Good knowledge of Cybersecurity;
- Develop best practices in IT security;
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Technical background: Your college diploma in computer science combined with a minimum of five to seven years of experience in the field allows you to master the management of a computer network and its infrastructure. You must be highly proficient with Windows Server and skilled in storage, backup, business continuity and WiFi technology. You are an expert in the Windows environment and in the application of emerging technologies (Windows Server, VMware, Veeam, Office 365, etc.);
- Problem Solving Skills: Your analytical and organizational skills allow you to find solutions to complex problems you encounter. You enjoy tackling problems and analyzing business situations and solutions in order to increase the performance and security of our computer systems and network infrastructure;
- Adaptability: You are available and flexible according to demand and know how to take advantage of change. You are flexible to work after hours and on different shifts;
- Customer Service Orientation: You have a desire to provide service above and beyond expectations and you put the customer first. You inspire confidence in your colleagues, internal and external clients through your actions and complete assigned projects within the prescribed timeframe. You are without a doubt a resource that can always be counted on;
- Curiosity: You like to stay abreast of the latest technologies and always seek to learn more in your field in order to provide innovative business solutions tailored to the needs of users. You understand new trends in network infrastructure and enjoy exploring them;
- Communication skills: You are fluent in both French and English. You have a facility to popularize complex concepts to different users.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.