Help Desk Technician (Level 1)City(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-014
Position to fulfill: 1
The Help Desk Technician (Level 1) is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. He/She will respond to queries, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions.
- Provide first-response to service incidents;
- Perform entry-level to intermediate technical/application interventions, root cause analysis and provide escalation services;
- Walk end user through problem-solving process;
- Enter updates directly into the Ticketing System (start/end times, work performed details) immediately after completing each intervention;
- Interface effectively with the user during service interventions and maintain the highest degree of customer satisfaction; act as a point of contact for support requests;
- Have a thorough understanding of the Groupe Touchette Portfolio, and maintain an in-depth understanding of our operations to deliver exceptional maintenance and support services;
- Write documentation/training manuals/SOPs;
- Maintain documentation/training manuals/SOPs;
- Provide user training;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical Background: Strong proficiency in information technology, with a relevant college diploma or 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, will allow you to be effective in the various service desk activities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; along with a patient, customer-friendly attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment;
- Business Sense: You have an ability to translate needs into business procedures and identify problems and challenges. Your global vision allows you to provide adapted solutions that will contribute to the evolution of the SAP solution;
- Problem-solving Capacity: Your analytical and organizational skills allow you to find solutions and diagnose complex problems. You like to tackle problems and analyse situations and business solutions in order to increase performance;
- Business Relations: You inspire confidence in your colleagues and internal and external customers through your actions. You can easily collaborate with various work teams and complete assigned projects on time;
- Curiosity: You like to stay up to date on the latest technologies and are always seeking to learn more in your field in order to provide innovative business solutions adapted to users’ needs; You understand new trends and have a keen interest in technology, security and business procedures.
- Bilingualism: You are fluent in both English and French, both written and spoken.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.