Payroll technicianCity(s): Mississauga, Ontario
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-002
Position to fulfill: 1
The Payroll Technician's main responsibilities are to gather, verify and process all payroll information for the branches and to assist the Master Payroll Officer in the processing of the distribution company's payroll.
- Ensure receipt of all documents and information required for bi-weekly payroll processing;
- Ensure compliance of the payroll process with the various laws and obligations in effect;
- Process hires and departures in accordance with the guidelines;
- Maintain employee master files in the payroll system and punch and validate compliance with the HR system;
- Complete, verify and process forms and documents required for the administration of benefits, annual leave, various leave banks, employment insurance, group insurance and the Parity Committee of the Automobile;
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefits entitlements, using the computerized system;
- Act as a resource person for all compensation and benefits issues for employees, managers and external clients;
- Compile statistical reports, statements and summaries regarding compensation and benefits;
- Prepare and transmit payroll data to the payroll service provider;
- Maintain Nethris for job structure, budget tracking, etc;
- Perform monthly reconciliations and generate appropriate reports;
- Prepare and verify period end reports and reconcile payroll register with bank statements;
- Calculate government rebates and other mandatory deductions (CNESST, WCB, CPA, etc.);
- Participate in the development of work methods and tools in order to increase the efficiency of the department;
- Assist the human resources team and the finance team;
- Assist in the entire year-end process;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your bachelor's degree in business administration (accounting profile) or your diploma in accounting and management techniques as well as your 8 to 10 years of experience in payroll processing or in a similar position will enable you to assume your responsibilities without any difficulty.
- Computer expertise: You have an excellent command of Excel software and are very comfortable with the operation of a computerized accounting and payroll processing system;
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of the information provided at all times;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate. You know how to organize your time to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.