Accounting Analyst – Real EstateCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-034
Position to fulfill: 1
The Accounting Analyst - Real Estate’s main mandates are to coordinate the preparation of the financial statements of real estate companies, to participate in the improvement of processes and internal controls as well as the accounting integration of acquisitions.
- Coordinate and play an active role in the preparation and validation of financial statements and ensure the accuracy of information provided;
- Collect and prepare financial data to make accounting entries for the general ledger;
- Ensure the follow-up of the balance sheet schedules;
- Become a "super user" of our management software package Yardi;
- Participate in the improvement of processes and internal controls;
- Lead the annual external audit process;
- Prepare the reconciliation calculations of the annual operating expenses of the buildings;
- Participate in the accounting integration of acquisitions;
- Provide financial data required for financing and disbursements;
- Follow up and monitor financial ratios;
- Follow up on cash flow;
- Participate in the annual budget process and regular monitoring of variances;
- Participate in various special mandates;
- All other related tasks.
- Relevant experience in real estate accounting is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Yardi management software package is an asset;
- Accounting background: Your Bachelor's degree in accounting as well as your 3 to 5 years of experience in the field have allowed you to obtain your professional accreditation (CPA). You have experience in the preparation and/or consolidation of financial statements;
- Computer expertise: You master the advanced functions of the Excel spreadsheet and are very comfortable with accounting ERP software;
- Collaborative spirit: You are a true team player and work well with your colleagues to achieve objectives. You are able to build strong relationships and become a trusted business partner whose advice is greatly appreciated;
- Time Management: You have a remarkable ability to focus despite stress and tight deadlines. You are able to organize your time to ensure that deadlines are met at all times;
- Analytical skills: You have the ability to establish a diagnosis and identify the probable causes and consequences of a situation. You know how to identify the links between the different elements, which leads you to be able to make accurate recommendations;
- Versatility and flexibility: You are able to manage the entire accounting cycle of a company for different types of activities. You are able to adapt to a changing and evolving situation and adjust your priorities and plans accordingly;
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of the information provided at all times.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.