Warehouse SupervisorCity(s): Kelowna, BC
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
Reporting into the Distribution Excellence Manager (DEM) the Distribution Centre Supervisor (DC Supervisor) is responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are executed as identified in the SEAL Operating System. With a focus on maintaining a safe environment and adhering to SEAL the DC Supervisor will provide front-line leadership to a team of Warehouse Associates striving to help our customers succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards and expectations are adhered to
- Follow and promote the SEAL Operating System
- Flexibility to support a multi-shift facility
- Support the Distribution Excellence Manager to ensure that daily targets and objectives are met.
- As directed by the Distribution Excellence Manager ensure that all end of shift protocols are followed
- Communicate relevant issues internally, externally and with cross functional customers
- Ensure that all cycle count activity is executed on schedule
- Responsible for filling all documentation including invoices, credits, LTL manifests and more
- Ensure all associates on the shift work in an organized, efficient, productive, and safe manner
- Monitor and ensure that all activity and assignments identified on the Accountability board are addressed
- Ensure that all SEAL boards are maintained and utilized reporting any issues to the Distribution Excellence Manager
- Assign tasks as required to the warehouse associates
- Other duties as assigned by the Distribution Excellence Manager
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Experience providing front line leadership
- Prior experience utilizing a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Previous experience in operations, with responsibility for warehouse and transportation
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity
- Previous experience in a tire/automotive distribution environment would be an asset
- Customer service focus
- Excellent Computer knowledge in Windows based programs
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Work autonomously with superior attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with various functions and organization levels
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.