Team Lead - CreditCity(s): The position could be based in Quebec (Montreal or Longueuil), Ontario (Mississauga), Alberta (Edmonton) or British Columbia (Burnaby)
Published: January 30, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2022-033
Position to fulfill: 1
Under the supervision of the National Credit and Receivable Accounts Director, the Team Lead - Credit’s role will be primarily responsible for the credit, collection and other functions related to the department for the Central, Prairie and BC regions. He/She will work in collaboration with the Accounts Receivable and Accounting Teams.
- Supervises the credit team;
- Assists with hiring, coaching and training to new and existing members on the team;
- Ensures the proper functioning of the credit & collection team for inbound and outbound calls;
- Ensures the proper functioning amongst the accounts receivables team, credit administrator, CSR and Sales, inbound agent;
- Coaches and motivates the Credit Agents with their Targets and Monthly Objectives;
- Communicates the tasks/priority lists for the team and meets with the team on a regular basis;
- Oversees the Credit Agents portfolios covered and ensures schedules are in place to cover office hours across the company during off season and peak season;
- Monitors and collects accounts receivables;
- Ensures all tasks are performed with governance within our Company's Credit Policies & Procedures and Best Practises;
- Generates internal and external reports, KPI's on his/her team's performance;
- Communicates with Management all potential losses or disputed customer situations on a regular basis;
- Ensures that the credit administration agent prepares and analyzes the credit files for opening customer accounts and revisions when needed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensures approvals of credit limits assigned to new customers and revisions as per the chart of authority within the team;
- Exchanges with Regional Sales Directors on a regular basis.
- Accounting & Credit Experience: Your accounting exposure, and your 10+ years of experience in credit and collection functions;
- Rigor and attention to detail: You have a concern for a job well done. Detail-oriented and precise, you ensure the accuracy of the information provided and are tenacious in your follow-ups;
- Technical skills: You have good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, and more specifically Excel. You have no trouble quickly grasping complex software and enterprise resource planning systems. Your knowledge of SAP is an asset;
- Time management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate under stress and tight deadlines. You know how to organize your time to ensure you always meet your deadlines;
- Interpersonal and Communication skills: You are a people person and your interpersonal skills allow you to develop trustworthy relationships with your various business partners and to easily obtain their collaboration;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in both French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Negotiation skills: you must be an active listener and excellent negotiation skills.
- Flexible hours;
- Travel 30%.
The position could be based in Quebec (Montreal or Longueuil), Ontario (Mississauga), Alberta (Edmonton) or British Columbia (Burnaby)
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.