Data Governance ManagerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 5, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2023-020
Position to fulfill: 1
The Data Governance Manager is responsible for the implementation and administration of the Master data practices. He/She communicates and works with functional teams to gather and understand business requirements. He/She is in charge of proposing and setup new MDM policies and procedures that promote continuous improvement to ensure completeness, consistency, integrity, and quality for all enterprise master data objects.
- Responsible for the management and quality of master data across our organization
- Lead and participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our data governance program to ensure data integrity, standardization, and accountability
- Develop a strong understanding of data-centric business processes, workflows, and data structures. Partner with data and technical leads to create common data models for critical data elements
- Develop and implement remediation plans: monitor and track data quality issues, identify, correct, and monitor non-compliant or inaccurate data in collaboration with business and IT groups
- Drive discussions with business and technical stakeholders as a subject matter expert on our policies and standards for end-to-end data governance and data processes.
- Participate in Data Migration initiatives relating to SAP S/4HANA by overseeing master data tasks related to conversion, mapping and process flows.
- All other related tasks.
- Technical Expertise: Your five years of experience managing SAP master data objects makes you an expert to data owners. You have a deep understanding of SAP solution offerings and a proven track record in the implementation of a corporate data governance program. Experience with data management software and/or tools such as SAP MDM/ MDG is considered an asset.
- Agent of Change: You understand change management concepts and you are a positive leader in improving data management processes. You are able to drive the master data management framework and strategy and you are an advocate for data integrity and quality.
- Analytical Mind: You enjoy problem solving and have conceptual thinking. You are resourceful and analytical in your approach. You can plan and adapt a successful course of action.
- Coaching Ability: You have the skills and interest to help develop your colleagues, data users and data owners. You are committed to raising awareness of data governance and business needs, as well as coaching all those involved;
- Communication Skills: You can easily express yourself orally and in writing in both French and English. You have an ability to explain complex concepts to different users.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.