Retail Development Manager (RDM)City(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 5, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2023-047
Position to fulfill: 1
The Retail Development Manager (RDM) enjoys building relationships by providing customized solutions to car dealers in an exclusive partnership. With a collaborative and coaching approach, he/she assesses the opportunities and suggests improvement to the dealerships management team. As a consultant, he/she assists and supports the dealers to achieve their projected sales target objectives.
- Provide customized business solutions and specific strategies to each dealer to meet their specific needs thus ensuring customer loyalty in addition to promoting valued added services, training tools and promotions;
- Assist and support the dealers in marketing, development and maintenance of pricing lists, retail selling guides, special promotion and materials;
- Build relationships with Dealership Management and manage a portfolio to meet sales and productivity objectives;
- Conduct customized inspection events to review business practices within the dealership to help identify opportunities.
- Develop and deliver market review plans that identify financial tire opportunity for each dealership.
- Offer training and coaching on all retail strategies to dealers to maximize the business opportunities across all products;
- Collaborate with the dealership to optimize merchandising components;
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and share best practices across the team and the dealership network to support continuous improvement and exceed their goals;
- Suggest improvements to the procedures currently in place to maximise their efficiency and surpass sales objectives;
- Maintain up-to-date records of each account under his/hers your responsibility.
- Understanding of the market: Your bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or administration, combined with your 5 years of experience in the retail automotive operations and B2B sales have provided you with a vast knowledge of the corporate sales and the industry;
- Business sense: You understand the importance of gaining customer loyalty by bringing unique and exclusive solutions and maintaining excellent commercial relations. Your strategic thinking allows you to target current priorities, seize interesting commercial opportunities for the growth of the company and have a global vision of all aspects of the sales process, from the inventory to the retail;
- Critical mind: You analyse different situations and enjoy solving problems. You have a conceptual thinking approach and your critical mind allows you to analyze the best practices. Not fan of the status quo, you make the necessary adjustments to exceed the dealers goals;
- Business partner: You always opt for a collaborative and coaching approach. Comfortable with customer service, your interpersonal skills and advice are appreciated. You inspire confidence and offer a personalised approach adapted to the dealers needs in addition to offering tools necessary for their success.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.