Pricing and Profitability BI AnalystCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: June 19, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2023-114
Position to fulfill: 1
The Pricing and Profitability BI Analyst designs, implements and supports business processes within the marketing and merchandising teams, and ensures that they deliver the value expected by the organization, with a view to continuous improvement. He/she uses his/her experience in market price positioning to support the management team in developing and implementing the business vision.
- Maintain various files referring to sales prices and communicate required changes;
- Monitor and analyze competitive pricing to identify product strategy risks and opportunities;
- Analyze the tire size growth/decline in the Canadian market;
- Identify and position inactive products across markets;
- Compare and analyze changes in manufacturers' price lists compared with previous year;
- Monitor performance and accuracy of business processes by contributing to the creation of dashboards using business intelligence tools, in order to identify profitability and/or market positioning gaps;
- Act as a business expert in analyzing and solving problems, proposing concrete, effective solutions adapted to the context, while ensuring that processes evolve in a compatible and efficient manner;
- Coordinate efforts with analysts from other business units in the development of solutions, notably in the definition of requirements, test phases and analysis of impacts on existing processes;
- Develop a business partner relationship with managers so as to influence operational teams in the development and use of best practices;
- Demonstrate a high sense of autonomy, prioritization and attention to detail, ensuring close communication with colleagues and manager;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your bachelor's degree in marketing, accounting, sustainable development or administration (or equivalent), combined with your 3 years' experience in process analysis, will enable you to understand current supply chain issues in a context of rapid growth;
- Domain expertise: You preferably have a university degree in Business Administration and/or extensive knowledge of distribution and/or retailing, and a strong interest in the automotive industry;
- IT expertise: You are very comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite and have a very good command of Excel functions (Advanced level);
- Knowledge of Power BI and database management;
- SAP expertise (an asset): Your expertise and experience with SAP Sales & Distribution (SD), price condition and sales contract modules will help you to quickly integrate the project team and quickly add value (knowledge of other modules such as MM/SCM/FICO are real assets);
- Analytical mind: You have a facility for conceiving and analyzing complex situations and coming up with simple, customer service-oriented solutions adapted to the business context;
- Business partner: You always opt for a collaborative, solution-oriented approach. Your interpersonal skills and the advice you provide following your analyses are highly valued, as you value communication and exchange with your colleagues in achieving your objectives;
- Thoroughness and autonomy: You are thorough in your work and pay attention to small details in a context of high autonomy;
- Dynamic work environment: You are comfortable and resilient in a fast-paced, regularly changing work environment;
- Bilingualism: You are bilingual and fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.