Warehouse Lead Hand - Evening Shift (Boucherville)City(s): Boucherville, QC
Published: August 3, 2023
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Warehouse Team Lead is responsible for providing associates with direction on the shipping, receiving, order picking and storing all products within the assigned warehouse in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delegate duties to other Warehouse Associates as required
- Load and unload delivery trucks requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 50 pounds
- Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
- Perform periodic facilities maintenance and/or custodial/housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning parking lot, loading dock and area surrounding building, keeping floors clear of debris, maintaining bathrooms and assisting in daily closing down of warehouse
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and under-shipments, return of products to vendor, etc. and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing product for accuracy in terms of amount, size and type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Hands on experience in a similar role
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean MVR.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.