Dispatcher (Richmond)City(s): Richmond, BC
Published: August 21, 2023
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Dispatcher plans the delivery routes, establishes the picking orders and organizes the sequence of loading for the delivery trucks. He/She prepares the necessary documentation for the different routes and gives specific instructions for the drivers. He/She keeps track of the status of shipments and communicates with the service department customers.
- Check for new orders in the computerized system;
- Schedule delivery routes according to current orders and expected arrival time;
- Generate a computerized list of items for the order pickers based on each specific routes;
- Prepare delivery orders for drivers with specific instructions on each route;
- Oversees the loading sequence of delivery trucks;
- Monitor the delivery and communicating information to customer service;
- Provide telephone support to delivery drivers on the road;
- Welcome and assist customers performing a pick up at the warehouse;
- Produce various reports of activities and performance indicators;
- Participate in the inventory management;
- Assign gas/fleet cards and manage proper use of the vehicles;
- Arrange pickup for customer returns and follow up with drivers and csr to make sure processing dead lines are met;
- All other related tasks.
- Area-savvy: You have an excellent knowledge of the road networks in the region and surrounding area;
- Technical skills: You master the Office tools as Word and Excel and your three to five years of experience in a similar position in dispatching makes you an expert of receiving and shipping;
- Team oriented: You have a great team spirit and excellent communication skills;
- Resistance to stress: You know how to manage emergencies and establish priorities. You always have a solution ready to deal with the unexpected;
- Language skills: fluent in both spoken and written French and English.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.