Driver (Langley)City(s): Langley, BC
Warehouses: Driver-deliverer / Delivery helper
Published: September 7, 2023
Type: Full time
Positions to fulfill: 2
Salary of: $23.07/hr
The Driver/Warehouse employee is responsible for providing support for shipping/receiving operations, moving tires through the warehouse, loading/unloading the delivery vehicle, and delivering the goods directly to the company's clients on time.
- Ensure the reception of tires;
- Move products to locations in the warehouse using lifting equipment;
- Enter the products in the inventory using a radio frequency gun;
- Inspect and report any anomalies on lifting equipment;
- Provide shipping and receiving support as required;
- Prepare delivery vehicles according to work orders;
- Assist in loading and unloading vans;
- Plan the itinerary and schedule of client visits in accordance with the dispatcher's instructions;
- Fill in Driver log appropriately each day and before and after each customer run;
- Load the delivery vans and ensure quantity on vehicle matches verified quantity;
- Perform a pre-departure inspection of the delivery vehicle to detect any anomalies;
- Drive the vehicle to the customer location and unload the shipped units within the prescribed time;
- Complete shipping documents with customers to verify the accuracy of the delivery;
- Return to the warehouse with the merchandise returned by customers, as well as with the money when the customer chooses payment on delivery;
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment to the Dispatcher or Warehouse Manager;
- Promptly report any delays in deliveries due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or any other emergencies, as well as in the event of irregularities in the collection or delivery of cargo;
- Provide support, if necessary, for the receipt of incoming goods and the preparation of delivery vehicles;
- All other related tasks.
- Customer service oriented;
- Be able to regularly lift heavy loads (60 pounds or more) on a daily basis;
- Capable of driving a vehicle for long hours;
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license and have an impeccable driving record;
- Be able to read and speak the region's first language;
- Be autonomous and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Be constantly oriented towards customer needs and demonstrate attention to detail;
- Respect and a sense of humour;
- Agree to work in an environment where health and safety are essential and a priority;
- Team spirit and a sense of collaboration;
- Be reliable, rigorous and able to take initiative.
"In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities law, accommodation is available upon request during the recruitment process."
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.