Fortinet Network AdministratorCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: September 12, 2023
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Fortinet Network Administrator will be responsible for the design, configuration, management and optimization of the network infrastructure based on Fortinet solutions. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the security, availability and performance of our organization's network using Fortinet products and technologies.
Network design and configuration:
- Design and implement a robust network architecture based on Fortinet products, including firewalls (FortiGate), switches (FortiSwitch) and other relevant equipment;
- Configure and optimize security, routing, switching and content filtering features to meet business needs.
Network security :
- Implement advanced security policies on Fortinet devices to protect the network against internal and external threats;
- Continuously monitor security logs and alerts to detect malicious or suspicious activity.
- Ensure daily maintenance and management of Fortinet network equipment. (40 warehouses, 2 datacenters, AWS);
- Manage software updates, security patches and hardware upgrades to ensure network stability and security.
- Provide level 2/3 technical support to users and internal teams regarding network issues related to Fortinet products;
- Resolve network incidents in an efficient and timely manner.
Performance monitoring and optimization :
- Monitor network performance using Fortinet monitoring and supervision tools;
- Identify bottlenecks and performance problems, then propose optimization solutions.
- Proven experience as a network administrator with specialization in Fortinet products;
- In-depth knowledge of Fortinet products, including FortiGate, FortiSwitch, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiClient EMS, FortiAuthentificator, etc.;
- SSLVPN, MFA, SDWAN, HA, VPN, VLAN, TCP/IP, BGP;
- Expertise in network security and firewall implementation;
- Advanced routing and switching skills. BGP;
- Ability to solve complex network problems independently;Excellent communication skills to collaborate with team members and provide effective technical support;
- In-depth understanding of authentication protocols, SSO (Single Sign-On) technologies and certificate management, Azure AD;
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS;
- SSL certificate;
- Develop IT security best practices;
- Monitor IT networks for security issues.
- Technical background: A minimum of five to seven years' experience in the field will enable you to master the security of a computer network and its infrastructure. You must be highly proficient with Fortinet security products. You must have completed management projects involving several hundred computers (Forticlient), and have managed Fortinet routers and switches in HA mode;
- Problem-solving skills: Your analytical and organizational skills enable you to find solutions to the complex problems you encounter. You enjoy tackling problems and analyzing business situations and solutions to improve the performance and security of our IT systems and network infrastructure;
- Adaptability: You are available and flexible according to demand, and know how to take advantage of change. You are flexible to work outside working hours;
- Customer service-minded: You have the desire to provide service that exceeds expectations, and you place the customer at the heart of your concerns. You inspire confidence in your colleagues, internal and external customers through your actions, and complete assigned projects on time. You are undoubtedly a resource who can always be counted on;
- Curiosity: You like to keep abreast of the latest technologies and are always looking to learn more in your field in order to provide innovative business solutions tailored to users' needs. You understand new trends in network infrastructure and enjoy exploring them;
- Communication skills: You are fluent in both spoken and written French and English. You have a facility for popularizing complex concepts to different users.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.