PlannerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: September 14, 2023
Type: Full time
Reference number: 2023-098
Positions to fulfill: 2
The Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities related to customers, products, brands and regions. He/she creates and maintains forecasting models, integrating business information and forecasts collected from sales, marketing, suppliers and other relevant sources (e.g. Indicia). In constant interaction with internal collaborators, he/she provides information that will guide sourcing decisions and monitor the alignment of the merchandising team to meet business needs.
- Responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers, products, brands and regions within specified categories;
- Develops the 12 month statistical demand taking into consideration the following:
o Sales history;
o Merchandisers' forecasts; and
o Manufacturer commitments;
o Sales targets.
- Establish and measure key performance indicators for forecast accuracy;
- Provide input for supply planning by developing inventory strategies for existing, new and declining products ;
- Participate in the redefinition of the demand planning process and related tools to contribute to its continuous improvement;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances in forecasts;
- Work closely with the merchandising team, sales, marketing, procurement and suppliers to obtain an accurate picture of demand and market trends;
- Gather and analyze all relevant data for base and promotional sales forecasting (sales history, market trends, seasonality, promotions, new product launches);
- Produce and provide relevant forecasting reports to senior management;
- Support the Senior Planner;
- All other related duties.
- Technical background: Your bachelor’s degree in operations management, administration, mathematics or statistics combined with your 5 years of experience in the field make you the specialist in statistics, planning and forecasting methods;
- IT expertise: Your experience with demand planning software, your advanced expertise level with Excel and your APICS and IBF certification are real assets;
- Analytical skills: You have a facility to establish a diagnosis, identify trends and define operation forecasts. You know how to identify the links between historical data and forecasts, which makes you able to formulate accurate recommendations;
- Sense of initiative: Curious, you are on the lookout for the latest market trends and you are constantly looking to improve forecasting tools to provide the most possible realistic recommendations and analysis;
- Business partner: You always opt for a collaborative and solution approach. Highly focused toward customer service, your interpersonal skills and advice, following your analysis, are highly appreciated;
- Rigor and attention to detail: You have a concern for a job well done. Careful and dedicated to accuracy, you continually ensure the reliability and integrity of the data provided;
- Communication skills: You have strong oral and written communication skills, in both English and French.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.