Director - Family OfficeCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: November 8, 2023
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The shareholders (the “Family”) of a well-known private company (the “Company”) are seeking an adaptable, honest, experienced and self-sufficient leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish and run their family office. This individual must, above all, have an in depth expertise of fiscal and legal matters and experience managing accounting teams. The family office will operate in close collaboration with the Company, in offices located at its Montreal headquarter. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with visionary business leaders and to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments, family office investments and fiscal optimization with the constant objective to create additional value.
- Develop and implement the family office strategic investment and operational plan;
- Oversight of all family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests;
- Develop and oversee the management and strategic development of the family office;
- Review financials of the overall group including the Family and Company to properly assess the shareholders’ value and value creation;
- Establish and maintain a governance and risk management framework on the overall group (Family and Company) to protect the shareholders’ assets;
- Oversee preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and periodic portfolio reports both on a personal and company matters;
- Manage and supervise the accounting, legal and administrative personnel of the Family for efficient and standardize practices with strong internal controls;
- Liaise with the lawyers, trustees, accountants, real estate brokers and other external advisors effecting family-directed strategies and initiatives and charged with family office tax and accounting reporting.
- Indisputable record of successful management of tax and legal related matters with significant achievements in value creation and risk protection;
- Demonstrated experience in being flexible and resourceful within a complex and lean environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects;
- An undergraduate degree and preferably a CPA designation or an MBA;
- Clear ability to successfully interact with diverse internal and external constituencies;
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills towards direct subordinates;
- Well-developed quantitative skills, including proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks and other accounting systems;
- Family office experience and exposure to real estate and investment activities a must with proven record of negotiating and managing transactions.
The successful candidate sought is a high impact professional, who thrives in a team environment, and will be motivated by the mission and values of both the family and the Company. While having a technical understanding of the subject matter for the position is important, the cultural fit is the critical factor in identifying the right candidate.
Competitive compensation with all benefits
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.