Warehouse ManagerCity(s): Pointe-Claire, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Warehouse Manager assumes leadership of the team by being an ambassador for good practices. His/Her sound business sense allows him/her to make informed decisions regarding the use and optimization of material and budgetary resources of the distribution center in order to achieve the objectives of productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Implement customer satisfaction strategies by setting high standards of operational quality regarding the receiving, shipping and logistics management of tires;
- Elaborate strategies to control the operational costs and the cost of labor in order to meet KPI targets and financial budgets;
- Establish operational objectives to be achieved on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Ensure that the health and safety measures established by the company are properly put into practice;
- Coach and participate in the development of your employees;
- Assist and physically support the team in the various daily tasks in the warehouse;
- Proactively improve operational processes to achieve higher levels of effectiveness and evaluate their performance;
- Act as an ambassador for the company’s high standards, policies and values to the employees;
- Constantly adjust the workload according to priorities, last minute requests or unforeseen situations;
- Protect, secure and maintain company assets;
- All other related tasks.
- Leadership: You are a natural ambassador of good business practices and know how to make difficult decisions that are necessary for the prosperity of operations, while reassuring, at all times, the members of your team;
- Technical background: You have 5 to 8 years of experience in team management. Experience in a distribution center is a significant asset;
- Analytical skills: You know how to pose clear diagnoses and guide your solutions towards strategic business goals and the optimisation of work processes within a distribution center;
- Technical knowledge: Your mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as your ability to use warehouse management tools, allow you to improve existing processes and increase operational efficiency;
- Area-savvy: in addition to having a valid driver’s licence, your knowledge of the region will allow you to save time and be more strategic in the planning of itineraries;
- Ability to focus self and DC team on consistently exceeding customer satisfaction expectations;
- Bilingualism: You can easily express yourself orally and in writing, in both French and English.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.