Cash Collection ClerkCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: July 14, 2021
Position to fulfill: 1
The main functions of the Cash Collection Clerk are to record the cashing of cheques, direct deposits and credit card payments, balance the cash registers of each branch and contact customers in the event of problems identifying the details of payments received.
- Ensure that payments received are recorded on time and correctly;
- Ensure that daily bank deposits are consistent with data provided by branches and the accounting system and make any necessary corrections if this is not the case;
- Balance the daily cash registers with the reports generated by the accounting system;
- Sort the documents received from branches and distribute documents that belong to co-workers;
- Contact customers by phone or email to request details of payments received if not available;
- Collaborate with other accounting team (mainly collection and bank reconciliation) and assist them if necessary;
- All other related tasks.
- Accounting background: your 2-3 years of experience in cash collection, or any equivalent, combined with your college education in accounting, have allowed you to acquire the knowledge and skills to carry out your duties independently in spite of the very large number of invoices to be processed;
- Computer skills: Your mastery of Excel will be very useful and essential to effectively perform your tasks. A knowledge of SAP would be a major asset;
- Organizational ability: Despite a fast-paced environment and a heavy workload, you know how to manage stress and set priorities in order to act quickly and ensure tight deadlines are met;
- Thoroughness: You are professional, meticulous and pay attention to details, thus consistently ensuring the accuracy of invoices and supporting documents;
- Collaborative spirit: You are undoubtedly an excellent team player and, you promote mutual help and communication for better results;
- Bilingual: You have the ability to express yourself in French and English, both orally and in writing, allowing you to communicate with suppliers and internal clients.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.