Regional Sales DirectorCity(s): Toronto, ON
Published: July 14, 2021
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for establishing and developing marketing and sales strategies for the dealership sector in the Province of Ontario. They are responsible for leading and mentoring a regional sales team and representing their line of business across the broader organization as a senior leader.
• Define overall profitable market share objectives for the short- and medium-term;
• Define and implement a regional strategic and tactical plan aligned with the National level plan;
• Direct sales and marketing activities for dealership sector;
• Work in concert with the National Sales Director to ensure achievement of the company's overall business objectives;
• Ensure the strategic management of their sales team;
• Constantly monitor the market to align strategy and pricing policies (competitive intelligence);
• Act as a leader, a coach and a motivator for the Account Manager and Regional Development Managers, under their supervision to improve performance and foster continuous development;
• Monitor and evaluate expenses (actual vs budget);
• Provide direct field support by maintaining constant contact with key customers to validate and monitor the effectiveness of the regional sales and development strategy;
• Support Business Development activities with OE partners;
• Oversee the professional development of their people in partnership with the National Sales Director;
• Technical background: Your bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing and/or administration combined with your five to ten years’ experience in the automotive industry and sales management at a regional level, have given you solid credibility in the field. You therefore have in-depth knowledge of the various challenges facing a regional leader, as well as, those surrounding the management of a dispersed sales team;
• Desire to excel: Known for your motivation and determination, you always push your limits and strive to continuously improve. You are always looking for new market development opportunities and wish to attain excellence;
• Leadership: You have a talent for engaging your employees in reaching objectives and for building a positive and productive corporate culture. You are an ambassador of good business practices and can train and develop your employees, so they offer the best of themselves, in particular with regards to customer service. You have the ability to manage the performance through effective use of resources, clear expectations and a culture of accountability;
• Business sense: You understand customer loyalty by offering your customers unique and exclusive solutions and maintaining excellent corporate ties. Your strategic thinking allows you to target current strategic priorities, seize interesting business opportunities to drive company growth, and gain a clear overview of all aspects of sales processes. You also have a great understanding of the key drivers of effective inventory management;
• Business partner: You understand the importance of building strong relationships and always opt for a collaborative approach. Comfortable with customer service, your interpersonal skills and advice are appreciated. You inspire confidence and offer a personalised approach adapted to the customer’s needs in addition to offering tools necessary for their success;
• Strategic skills: You have the ability to build strategic alliances across the organization, demonstrating the ability to manage change and solve problems effectively across multiple stakeholder groups;
• Critical sense: You analyze all situations and enjoy resolving problems. You can approach situations from a conceptual point of view and your critical sense allows you to analyze best practices. Not a big fan of the status quo, you make the necessary adjustments to go above and beyond dealer objectives.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities law, accommodation is available upon request during the recruitment process.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.