Corporate Development Senior AnalystCity(s): Montreal, Quebec
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
- Review and analyze target lists and market data;
- Produce Executive summaries for potential acquisitions;
- Initiate discussions with sellers;
- Lead the preliminary analysis and in the financial modeling of acquisition targets;
- Negotiate with sellers and/or third-party representatives.
Due Diligence tasks:
- Perform the financial and accounting Due Diligence of targets;
- Evaluate the level of profitability of acquisition projects;
- Evaluate the IRR for the Shareholders.
- Perform budgetary analysis on a post-acquisition basis.
- Build synergy analysis on a post-acquisition basis.
- Lead the Due Diligence reporting needs and project plans for the board of directors;
- Lead the financing process;
- Work with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase documentation.
- Quickly develop an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including ;
- Analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions;
- Support the integration process of Retail systems and ensure a strong alignment with
- Lead the integration process with the support of Subject Matter Experts;
- Participate in the implementation plan;
- Identify the challenges to be addressed into day-to day business operations;
- Work closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting departments to carry
out the development plans
- Monitor reporting and provide pro-active feedback to the support teams;
- Coordinate various corporate planning and strategic initiative meetings.
- 7-10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Corporate Development;
- Proficiency in financial modelling and business cases Education: CPA. CPA, CA and CFA accreditations will be considered as an advantage;
- IT applications and equipment: Proficiency with Ms Office, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Outlook, Power BI;
- Working environment: Ability to periodically travel for work;
- Language proficiency: Bilingual, you master French and English, both oral and written;
- Expected behaviour:
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate perspectives on strategic and financial matters
- Positive attitude
- Great organizational skills
- Superior communication and mentorship skills
- Proven negotiation ability
- Willingness to learn
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Seeks continuous self-improvement
- Analytically focused with an ability to evaluate and change processes, to improve performance.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.