Director – Corporate DevelopmentCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
Principal tasks :
- Corporate development
- Take charge of Corporate Development, reporting initiatives and ensures compliance at all times;
- Assist the Vice-President of Retail in the preliminary analysis and in the financial modeling of acquisition targets;
- Keep records of discussions and analyses in various meetings;
- Analyze financial and market data;
- Produce Executive summaries for potential acquisitions.
- Assist the Vice-President of Retail in negotiating preliminary offers for acquisition targets and contribute to the development of Letters of Intent and/or Indication of Interest for acquisition projects;
- Negotiate and review legal documentation relating to financing and acquisition;
- Monitor acquisition goals and share updates with the Executive and Finance teams.
- Due Diligence
- Coordinate or perform the financial and accounting Due Diligence of targets;
- Evaluate the level of profitability of acquisition projects;
- Evaluate the IRR for the Shareholders;
- Perform budgetary analysis on a post-acquisition basis;
- Build synergy analysis on a post-acquisition basis.
- Lead the Due Diligence reporting needs and project plans for the board of directors;
- Participate in the financing process.
Secondary tasks :
- Support the integration process of Retail systems and ensure a strong alignment with investment rationals:
- Lead the integration process with the support of Subject Matter Experts;
- Participate in the implementation plan;
- Identify the challenges to be addressed into day-to day business operations.
- Collaborate with senior management to review and define the Retail integration playbook;
- Work closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting departments to carry out the development plans.
Administrative tasks :
- Monitor reporting and provide pro-active feedback to the support teams;
- Coordinate various corporate planning and strategic initiative meetings.
- Experience: 7-10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Corporate Development.Proficiency in financial modelling and business cases.
- Education: CPA. CPA, CA and CFA accreditations will be considered as an advantage.
- IT applications and equipment: Proficiency with Ms Office, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Outlook, Power BI.
- Thoroughness: You are professional and meticulous and pay attention to detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of the information provided at all times;
- Business acumen: You know how to quickly understand the essence of a company and seize the opportunities that emerge from your analyses. Your business acumen allows you to make recommendations that are aligned with the company's objectives and strategies;
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate views on strategic and financial issues;
- Positive attitude ;
- Strong organizational skills ;
- Superior communication and mentoring skills ;
- Proven; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task ;
- Analytical mindset and ability to evaluate and modify processes to improve performance;
Working environment: Ability to periodically travel for work
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.