IT Director of infrastructure and operationsCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: August 8, 2022
Position to fulfill: 1
The IT Director of infrastructure and operations position is a hands-on role providing leadership in managing a team of IT Support and SysAdmin staff. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operational running of the team, ensuring the availability, performance, and optimization of the corporate infrastructure and systems, and the ongoing continuous improvements within the Support and Infrastructure organization.
- Manage daily IT Operations;
- Manage and lead the Support and Infrastructure teams to establish, and consistently meets, their objectives;
- Support the operations of the SAP environment;
- Oversee and be accountable for SAP system stability and performance;
- Evaluate and lead the implementation of on-premise and cloud infrastructure initiatives, as well as planning the full lifecycle operational care;
- Act as major incident manager for IT incidents;
- Establish an overall service delivery strategy following ITIL, or similar methodology;
- Maintain a regular focus on continuous improvement, through measurable service satisfaction levels and other reportin;
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery and support processes to internal customers;
- Oversee Production and Maintenance Window Operational Work Streams;
- Assist with Vendor management, including negotiating vendor contracts, SLAs, working with 3rd parties for issue resolution.
- 5+ years of technology operations experience;
- 2+ years of management experience;
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience required;
- Experience in customer service is essential, with personal experience in a first or second level IT support role;
- Excellent software knowledge, including: Microsoft products, MS SQL, MS AD/O365, and SAP;
- Previous experience supporting an SAP ERP is a must. (Experience in S/4HANA is a plus);
- Strong SAP technical knowledge of technologies and processes such as: Basis, Monitoring, Cloud & On-Prem Infrastructure, Solution Manager, SAP PO, HANA, EDI
- Excellent knowledge of networking protocols and components;
- Knowledge of hardware, including networking, wireless products and desktop systems;
- Experience with Microsoft ecosystem , SAP, cloud infra, security, VPN/firewall;
- Good critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage an on-call rotation team and front-line IT helpdesk;
- Strong process management and ITIL skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and customer service skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.