BuyerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Buyer is primarily responsible for ensuring optimal levels of inventory to enable the offer of a range of products that meets our customer needs and supports sales according to our industry’s seasonal cycles. The incumbent is also responsible for the smooth running of the procurement process with his/her related group of suppliers.
- Purchase the ranges of products assigned to meet the specific Canadian needs of our customers;
- Maintain inventories at a level that follows the seasonality and growth of the company;
- Monitor the various programs and make the necessary adjustments to allow for the minimization of lost sales (Fill Rate) and the maximization of inventory turnover (Turn);
- Act as primary contact with suppliers for everything related to purchases;
- Ensure accuracy of products and prices in the system;
- Work closely with planners, merchandisers, and distributors regarding purchased products;
- Work in close contact with the Sales Team to follow up on problems and make the improvements necessary to meet customer needs;
- Ensure purchase orders from different suppliers;
- Ensure the management of stock transfers between the various warehouses;
- Ensure follow-up of orders and plan their receptions;
- All other related tasks.
- Interest in Purchasing: Your Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Operations Management Profile) combined with your 3-5 years of procurement experience has provided you with all the skills and knowledge necessary to ensure an optimal inventory level and to maintain strong relationships with our suppliers. Your experience in seasonal environments as well as your knowledge of the tire industry would be real assets;
- Autonomy: You know how to make decisions on your own, despite grey areas. Your sound judgement and sense of initiative allow you to act accordingly in order to ensure optimal inventory at all times;
- Organization: You can perform several tasks at the same time and know how to manage tight deadlines. You handle stress very well and can quickly make the right decisions;
- Discipline and attention to detail: You pay attention to getting the job done right. Detail-oriented and precise, you verify the accuracy of information provided and are tenacious in your follow-ups.
- Technical skills: You have no trouble quickly grasping complex software (Excel) and have strong oral and written communication skills, in both English and French;
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.