SAP BW/BO DeveloperCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
The SAP BW/BO Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Business Warehouse Data Store Objects. He/She will participate in the design, development and deployment of Data Stores, Data Models, Metadata and Business Objects reporting tools. He/She will work actively with the functional teams to understand complex data sets and the underlying business process to provide BI reporting solutions. He/She is responsible for analysing content objects, gathering of data and view creation.
- Design, develop and deploy DSO tables and CDS views;
- Perform DBA and ETL related activities;
- Design and develop reports and dashboards with SAP BI tools such BO Analysis for Office and SAP Analytics Cloud;
- Work closely with functional team to understand reporting requirements and propose solution design;
- Develop and execute use cases, test plans and test cases to ensure business requirements are met during the implementation of the solution;
- Support, perform root cause analysis and correction of production issues in BW;
- Participate in data migration and integration projects consisting of developing conversion scripts;
- Prepare and maintain SAP dataflows and documentation;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical Background: 5+ years of experience with strong understanding of SAP BW and BI functionalities;
- Experienced in developing BI solutions (data warehousing, reports, dashboards and KPIs);
- Excellent understanding of relational and multidimensional data modeling and effective data aggregation concepts;
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing methodologies (star schemas, snowflakes, ETL process, dimensional modelling);
- Business Sense: You have an ability to translate needs into business procedures and identify problems and challenges. Your global vision allows you to provide adapted solutions that will contribute to the evolution of the SAP solution;
- Curiosity and initiative: You like to stay up to date on the latest technologies and are always seeking to learn more in your field in order to provide innovative business solutions adapted to users’ needs. You understand new trends and have a keen interest in technology, security and business procedures;
- Problem-solving Capacity: Your analytical and organizational skills allow you to find solutions and diagnose complex problems. You like to tackle problems and analyse situations and business solutions in order to increase performance;
- Business Relations: You inspire confidence in your colleagues and internal and external customers through your actions. You can easily collaborate with various work teams and complete assigned projects on time;
- Communication Skills: You can easily express yourself orally and in writing in both French and English. You have an ability to explain complex concepts to different users;
- Experience in a distribution company is an asset;
- Knowledge of SQL a strong asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.