PlannerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Planner is responsible for all forecasted activities associated with customers, products, brands and regions. He/she creates and maintains forecasted models by integrating business intelligence and forecasts gathered from sales, marketing, suppliers and other relevant sources (i.e. Indicia). In constant interaction with his/her internal staff, the Planner provides information that will guide supply decisions and track merchandising alignment team and thus meet business needs.
- Perform supply and demand analysis and interpret a large amount of data;
- Manage supply and demand databases on a regional and national basis by forecasting product segmentation;
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels (brands, products, customers, region, etc.) for different horizons;
- Develop forecast supply and demand analyzes by product segment, by working with statistics and historical data from different markets;
- Constantly seek to improve tools, data sources, data quality and analytical techniques to improve various aspects of marketing analysis and business needs;
- Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecasting models and evaluate results;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant differences and define the forecasting model to reflect sales updates and marketing assumptions;
- Work closely with the merchandising team, the sales, the marketing department, the supply team and the suppliers to gain fair understanding of the marker demand and trends;
- Provide information for supply planning by developing inventory strategies for existing products, new products and declining products;
- Coordinate and communicate action plans at the sales level, related to supply planning;
- Implement performance indicators (KPIs) to measure marketing initiatives and our sales programs;
- Recommend adjustments to operation forecasts form the process and demand planning reports;
- Gather and analyze all the data relevant to the creation of basic and promotional sales forecasts (sales history, seasonality, promotions, new products launch);
- Participate in the redefinition of the demand planning process and contribute to its continuous improvement;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical background: Your bachelor’s degree in operations management, administration, mathematics or statistics combined with your 5 years of experience in the field make you the specialist in statistics, planning and forecasting methods;
- IT expertise: Your experience with demand planning software, your advanced expertise level with Excel and your APICS and IBF certification are real assets;
- Analytical skills: You have a facility to establish a diagnosis, identify trends and define operation forecasts. You know how to identify the links between historical data and forecasts, which makes you able to formulate accurate recommendations;
- Sense of initiative: Curious, you are on the lookout for the latest market trends and you are constantly looking to improve forecasting tools to provide the most possible realistic recommendations and analysis;
- Business partner: You always opt for a collaborative and solution approach. Highly focused toward customer service, your interpersonal skills and advice, following your analysis, are highly appreciated;
- Rigor and attention to detail: You have a concern for a job well done. Careful and dedicated to accuracy, you continually ensure the reliability and integrity of the data provided.
- Communication skills: You have strong oral and written communication skills, in both English and French.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.