Accounts Receivable ManagerCity(s): Montreal, QC
Published: January 24, 2022
Type: Full time
Position to fulfill: 1
The Accounts Receivable Manager will play an active role in the transactional portion of our accounts receivable inflow and the application of those payments, while ensuring the flow of our accounting processes. The primary function of this role is to supervise, mentor and organize the Cash Receivables service. He/She will prepare, analyze, and present KPIs, department goals and other monthly reports. He/She will organize, coach, and train his/her team and ensure that procedures, deadlines, and policies are met and maintained. He/She is the point of contact between sales and finance.
- Reviews and implements process improvements related to the accounts receivable department;
- Ensures that resources and methods are optimized to be as efficient as possible;
- Acts as a resource person in the department and represents it to the rest of the company;
- Communicates and interacts regularly with the Collections Clerks, Credit and Collection Agents, the Credit Administrator, the Accounts Receivable Department and the Credit Manager;
- Coaches and motivates the cash collection clerks in their daily roles, objectives, tasks and responsibilities;
- Organizes daily department schedules such as peak season, holidays, vacations and training workshops;
- Analyzes accounts receivable reconciliations, reconciles ledgers, unapplied payments and ensures all balances;
- Makes daily deposits in accordance with company credit and accounting practices and policy;
- Resolves internal and external conflicts, identifies recurring issues and follows up with various departments/branches;
- Ensures that month-end deadlines are met;
- Writes various reports, KPIs, objectives;
- Participates in internal processes and systems and provides feedback;
- Works closely with HR in the recruitment of new team members and training process;
- All other related tasks.
- Technical Background: Your experience of 3 to 5 years in an accounting or similar position, combined with 3 years in a team leader/management position has given you all the knowledge necessary to perform your duties;
- Accounting Certification: You have a DEC or DEP in accounting;
- Accounting Knowledge: You have worked with the accounting and financial cycles and master their requirements;
- Computer Expertise: You have a good knowledge of SAP, accounting software and an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Time Management: You have a remarkable ability to concentrate and are competent. You know how to organize your time and the time of others to ensure deadlines are met;
- Communication: Your communication skills have always enabled you to achieve your requests and company objectives;
- Interpersonal Skills: Your interpersonal skills allow you to develop trusting relationships with your various business partners and to easily obtain their collaboration. You are a resource person who can always be counted on;
- Leadership: You develop your leadership skills and achieve positive results. Loyalty and mentoring are welcome;
- Analytical Skills: You are able to step back and analyze the situation to provide appropriate and beneficial solutions. You can analyze and process a large volume of information and are able to make a quick and informed decision;
- Bilingualism: You communicate easily in French and English, both orally and in writing;
Experience in the distribution field would be an asset.
- Quebec company of national scope;
- Opportunity for growth in an expanding company;
- Work environment stimulated by innovation;
- Full range of social benefits*;
- Group RRSP*;
- Flexible hours and teleworking (depending on the position);
- Competitive salaries;
- Sick days*.
*Some conditions apply.
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.